ADA Accessibility Information



Sinus Issues That Can Be the Cause of Your Tooth Pain

Posted on 10/25/2019 by Dr. Simon K Choyee
Sinus Issues That Can Be the Cause of Your Tooth PainWhen you feel pain in a tooth, you assume that it means you have a cavity. The problem is that tooth pain can result from nay different problems including a cavity.

The treatment for the pain you feel depends on the source of the pain. It will surprise many to learn that the pain they feel in a tooth can come from an issue with their sinuses. It is a good idea to learn how these this can happen.

Connecting the Sinuses and the Teeth

IT may seem strange that a sinus problem can cause tooth pain. The sinus cavities are located very close to the mouth. The sinus maxillary tissues are located very close to the roots of the molars. Because of the proximity, it is possible that any issues that occur in the sinus cavities will impact the mouth.

Sinus Infections are a Problem

The sinuses are filled with air. They generate nasal mucous. At times fluid can become trapped in the sinus cavities and germs can grow in that fluid. The germs can lead to a sinus infection. 90% of all sinus infections are viral and the other 10% are bacterial.

When you get a sinus infection one of the symptoms is pressure. You feel like your head is ready to explode because of the infection. The problem is in the sinuses, but the brain may not know that. It may think that the pain is coming from the teeth that are near the infected sinus tissues. It is referred to as a sinus toothache.
Treating the pain from a sinus toothache requires treating the problem with the sinuses. Once the infection is gone, the tooth pain should disappear.

Come talk to one of our dental professionals at the office to learn more about how to care for your teeth.
icon QuotesReview

What Our Patients Are Saying About Us

"I recently had to have a tooth extracted and was very nervous. Dr. Choyee and his staff went over and above to make me feel comfortable. It turned out to be an easy procedure and I was done quickly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Choyee for any oral surgery needs you may have. Dr. Choyee even called me that evening to make sure I was doing well and had no problems!"
Diana S.

More Testimonials

logo of SimonChoyee

icon Yelp
icon Google
icon FaceBook
bottom button for instagram NEW 01
icon HealthGrades

16315 Whittier Blvd #201
Whittier, CA 90603-2910
(562) 947-4781

Request An Appointment
Refer a Friend

Kind. Comforting. Welcoming.

We believe in educating our patients on their treatment options, while listening to their questions and concerns. We are here to help. Call us today at (562) 947-4781 or click here to make an appointment request.

Copyright © 2018-2024 Simon Choyee DDS and WEO Media (Touchpoint Communications LLC). All rights reserved.  Sitemap